Job Details - Ecologist/Fauna Spotter
Employer: Green Tape Solutions
Position title: Ecologist/Fauna Spotter
Added: 23 May 2018
Application close: 30 May 2018
Contract Type Temporary
Contract Hours Casual
Green Tape Solutions is a environmental consulting based in Brisbane. Our principal services are planning, environmental
assessment and ecology. Our objective is to provide solutions that help our clients plan, manage and enhance the urban and natural environment to create communities that are more liveable,
sustainable and responsible.
We are urgently seeking 3 experienced and highly motivated fauna spotter-catcher to join our team servicing infrastructure projects in the Brisbane. The position is casual, with work expected to occur over a period of 3 to 5 months, commencing ASAP.
This job will offer you:
- Valuable experience working in major infrastructure projects
- Opportunity to work with a friendly team of experienced and dedicated environmental professionals
Ideally you will have:
- Applicants will have experience undertaking fauna spotter-catcher work on construction sites and knowledge of threatened fauna species of Queensland.
- Experience in a spotter-catcher or fauna handling role (preferably in construction).
- Sound knowledge of techniques, and experience in all aspects of fauna rescue and handling.
- High level fauna identification skills, including identification of threatened species and their habitats.
- Knowledge of flora and fauna of South-east Queensland region.
- Be available to travel away from home for extended periods of time, typically in South-east Queensland (11 day on/3 day off FIFO jobs).
- Work outside of regular hours of operation.
- Ability to operate a 4WD vehicle.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- High level of self-discipline and initiative to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have your White Card.
How to apply
Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Kelly Matthews, Director