Job Details - Senior Ecologist
Employer: Green Tape Solutions
Position Title: Senior Ecologist
Added: 26 July 2021
Commencement: 15 August 2021
Contract Type Permanent (with 6 months probation)
Contract Hours Full time or Part-time
Remuneration: Negotiated, based on experience
Location: Sunshine Coast or Greater Gympie Region
Green Tape Solutions is an environmental consultancy based in Brisbane and servicing all of Queensland and New South Wales. The principal services offered include environmental assessment and ecology. Our objective is to provide solutions that help our clients plan, manage and enhance the urban and natural environment to create communities that are more liveable, sustainable and responsible.
Due to continued growth, our consultancy has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Environmental Scientist / Senior Ecologist to join our team. You will work alongside other environmental scientists/ecologists, mentor our most junior scientists and report to the Director who has extensive experience in environmental approvals. This is a rewarding and diverse role which will provide you with exposure to all aspects of the environmental assessment process from project due diligence and acquisition, through assessment and approvals, to construction environmental management. You will manage small to large and complex projects throughout our area. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and leadership capabilities working with a well-respected consulting firm.
The position is full time, with work commencing as soon as possible.
This job will offer you:
- Valuable experience working on a range of projects for a variety of clients
- Opportunity to work with a friendly team of experienced and dedicated environmental professionals
- Flexible working arrangements
The role involves:
- Participating in ecological / environmental field assessments and surveys
- Providing a high level of professionalism and technical expertise to the team and clients
- Working under minimal supervision within a defined area of responsibility. This may include being responsible for specific parts of an ecological project or task
- Authoring reports and other documentation
- Preparation of reports including Flora and Fauna Impact Assessments, Vegetation and Biodiversity Management Plans, Development Opportunities and Constraints Reports
- Provide assistance in the development of Biodiversity Development Assessment Reports, Species Impact Statements; and EPBC Act referrals
- Supervise juniors and review reports
- The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Managing Director.
The successful candidate MUST have:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science or science majoring in environmental sciences, ecology, zoology or botany
- 7+ years relevant industry experience in a professional working environment, including state/local government and/or consulting
- Demonstrated strong experience in preparing and reviewing ecological reports to meet State and Council's planning scheme requirement
- Have prior botanical experience
- Supervise a team of ecologists
- Knowledge and understanding of applicability of Queensland and / or New South Wales planning and biodiversity legislation and regulations as well as Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Direct working experience with GIS mapping, analysis and communication of ecological attributes
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
- Strong attention to details in order to provide high quality report
- Effective written communication and report writing skills
- Experience in managing projects including development applications. Previous development assessment and approvals experience is required
- Experience in bushfire assessment would be highly regarded.
- Proficiency in spatial analysis (GIS).
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work from home in an efficient and productive manner.
- Current class C drivers licence (manual and automatic license) and ability to operate a 4WD vehicle.
- Reliable internet and phone connection in a home that is distraction-free during work hours.
- An existing client base or network (including planners and developers) will be highly regarded.
You will also be familiar with the practical aspects of environmental management including relevant industry best practice. You will have a passion for field work and a strong focus on client outcomes and project delivery. Confidence in your technical expertise will be complemented by effective verbal and written communication skills and the capacity to consistently meet deadlines.
Our staff enjoy the convenience of working from home. They benefit from the savings in time, travel costs and reduced carbon footprint that isn't possible in most workplaces. Green Tape Solutions leads the way in Environmental Consulting and maintains a reputation of integrity and high quality outcomes by employing responsible staff who genuinely want to make a difference to the environment. If you feel you could be part of this team please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating your suitability as requested below.
How to apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org