Job Details - Senior Environmental Manager / Senior Ecologist
Employer: Green Tape Solutions
Position Title: Senior Environmental Scientist / Senior Ecologist
Added: 12 August 2019
Contract Type Permanent (with 6 months probation)
Contract Hours Full time
Remuneration: Negotiated, based on experience
Green Tape Solutions is an environmental consultancy based in Brisbane and servicing all of Queensland and northern New South Wales. The principal services offered include environmental assessment and ecology. Our objective is to provide solutions that help our clients plan, manage and enhance the urban and natural environment to create communities that are more liveable, sustainable and responsible.
Due to continued growth, our consultancy has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Environmental Scientist / Senior
Ecologist to join our team. You will work alongside other environmental scientists/ecologists, mentor our most junior scientists and report to the Director who has extensive experience in
environmental approvals. This is a rewarding and diverse role which will provide you with exposure to all aspects of the environmental assessment process from project due diligence and
acquisition, through assessment and approvals, to construction environmental management. You will manage small to large and complex projects throughout our area. This is a great
opportunity to expand your knowledge and leadership capabilities working with a well-respected consulting firm.
The position is full time, with work commencing as soon as possible.
This job will offer you:
- Valuable experience working on a range of projects for a variety of clients
- Opportunity to work with a friendly team of experienced and dedicated environmental professionals
- Flexible working arrangements
The role involves:
- Participating in ecological / environmental field assessments and surveys,
- Preparing and reviewing reports and technical notes,
- Managing legislative issues for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects,
- Providing effective management of project budgets and schedules,
- Providing a high level of professionalism and technical expertise to the team and clients,
- Contributing to the growth of the business through seeking out and developing client relationships,
- Fostering interactions with industry, government, community groups and technical experts.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science or science majoring in environmental sciences, ecology, zoology or botany,
- Demonstrated experience in both botanical and zoological surveys (terrestrial and aquatic surveys) AND/OR experience in conducting contaminated sites investigations and remediation programs (e.g. soil, water testing, etc.),
- Experience in bushfire assesssment would be highly regarded,
- Proficiency in spatial analysis (GIS),
- Experience in managing projects including development applications. Previous development assessment and approvals experience is required.
- Knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth environmental assessment and approvals processes,
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of environmental assessment reports and plans,
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work from home in an efficient and productive manner is a must
- Minimum 8 years experience in consulting or assessment roles,
- Current class C drivers licence and ability to operate a 4WD vehicle,
- Reliable internet and phone connection in a home that is distraction-free during work hours,
- An existing client base or network (including planners and developers) will be highly regarded.
You will also be familiar with the practical aspects of environmental management including relevant industry best practice. You will have a passion for field work and a strong focus on client outcomes and project delivery. Confidence in your technical expertise will be complemented by effective verbal and written communication skills and the capacity to consistently meet deadlines.
Our staff enjoy the convenience of working from home. They benefit from the savings in time, travel costs and reduced carbon footprint that isn't possible in most workplaces. Green Tape Solutions leads the way in Environmental Consulting and maintains a reputation of integrity and high quality outcomes by employing responsible staff who genuinely want to make a difference to the environment. If you feel you could be part of this team please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating your suitability as requested below.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
To Kelly Matthews, Director
Exceptional outcome delivery based on strong technical knowledge, experience and customer service.